Formerly an in-house managing editor in NYC, today I’m a free-ranging freelancer based on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington.
Offline, I’m a birder, hiker, kayaker, cyclist (MTB, BMX, and vintage 3-speed townies), slow runner, and housemate of three dogs of various origin.
Most days look like this:
- Outdoor recreation: Edit features, gear reviews, travel stories, and industry news related to outdoor recreation for OutsideOnline.com, the digital edition of Outside magazine.
- Longform features: Edit premium content for Medium.
- Features & blog posts: Write articles about award-winning tree farmers and forestry for the American Forest Foundation.
- Social media: Create content and generate engagement for local channels like Port Angeles Likes Bikes.
- Event organizing: Co-director of the Frosty Moss Relay. Project leader for Port Angeles Bike Everywhere Month 2018 and biweekly Bike Wednesday community rides.