I’m a free-range freelancer based on the Olympic Peninsula in Washington. I write, edit, host social channels and online communities, and manage editorial projects.
Offline, I’m a birder, hiker, kayaker, cyclist (MTB, BMX, and vintage 3-speed townies), slow runner, and housemate of three dogs. You can also find me volunteering at lots of local events, mostly involving biking, running, craft brews, and ice skating.
Most days look like this:
- Outdoor recreation: Edit features, gear reviews, travel stories, and industry news related to outdoor recreation for OutsideOnline.com, the digital edition of Outside magazine.
- Longform features: Edit premium content for Medium.
- Features & blog posts: Write articles about award-winning tree farmers and forestry for the American Forest Foundation.
- Social media: Create content and generate engagement for social channels like Port Angeles Likes Bikes.
- Event organizing: Co-director of the Frosty Moss Relay. Project leader for Port Angeles Bike Everywhere Month 2018 and biweekly Bike Wednesday community rides.